Toledotastic: Most Pressing Issue of Our Time

Friday, June 24, 2005

 

Most Pressing Issue of Our Time

Lies.

At least I have myself convinced (still) that I'm right and they're wrong. No one else will believe me. Hopefully bringing this to my blog will force answers from the wider population. So here it is...

I burned my finger. burned = verb
My finger is burnt. burnt = adjective

Isn't this the rule rather than the exception? That a word ends in -t when it's an adjective and -ed when it's a verb? Donna was quick to point out before that: "He who smelt it dealt it." This beloved phrase throws my theory out of whack for sure. But I simply cannot let go of a grammar/spelling rule that's been in my head for so long. It's driving me insane.

I really need to shut up and get laid. Please forgive this post.

Sift through for dirt on

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Website Counter
Visitors Since April 2005

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw