Toledotastic: Telephone Harassment

Thursday, May 12, 2005

 

Telephone Harassment

Typically I try to answer my telephone. Usually the caller is a friend or family member and I enjoy talking to friends and family members. Sometimes, though, I'm either not at home or otherwise engaged. Luckily, though, modern conveniences like an answering machine/voicemail and caller ID make certain that I always know who has called.

Why, then, do some people insist on trying to call two or three times in quick succession? What's the frigging point? Trying again half an hour or so later is perfectly acceptable but hitting redial right after hanging up is irritating beyond belief. I'm not home! Or if I'm home, I'm in the bathroom! So get over it already.

I wish that I were gratuitously whining over the deluge of calls I get from fascinating people but I'm not. I'm talking about the usual suspects whom I talk to regularly. You bastards know who you are. So just stop it already.

Sift through for dirt on

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Website Counter
Visitors Since April 2005

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw