Toledotastic: Speaking of irritating phone calls...

Friday, May 13, 2005

 

Speaking of irritating phone calls...

Automated phone calls have taken on a new level of I'M-GONNA-START-BUSTIN'-CAPS-IN-ASSES irritability.

Luckily there haven't been any debt collectors calling my house for me. Unfortunately, some bastard (we'll call him Joe Fucktard) has given his debt collectors my phone number. Normally, when someone calls for Joe Fucktard, I can simply say, "You have the wrong number." Lately, however, the debt collectors have arranged a system whereby I am harassed into calling them to explain that I am not Joe Fucktard and do not know Joe Fucktard.

Picture this. Phone rings. "Hello?" "Hello, [computer voice] Joe Fucktard. It is imperative that you call me at 1.800.FUCKERS immediately." I call 1.800.FUCKERS to ask that they please quit calling because I'm not Joe Fucktard, yada yada yada. Operator apologizes for the inconvenience and says that my number is being removed from their list. Then within a few days I get another computerized call for Joe Fucktard and the entire process starts over again.

I've had my numbers change enough over the past year that there's no way I'm getting my home number changed again. So please, God...make it stop.

Sift through for dirt on

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Website Counter
Visitors Since April 2005

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw